Sharper compensating for Vikes' lack of chemistry
Sean Taylor and Mike Brown are among the NFL safeties who are capable of doing whatever their teams ask of them.
Two safeties who have played a big role in their defense's success in recent years and would normally be on this list are Baltimore's Ed Reed and Will Demps. Reed doesn't have great size, but he is an excellent open-field tackler who fills hard when he reads run, shows good closing speed when blitzing and is a playmaker in coverage.
Although Demps isn't as flamboyant or explosive as Reed, he shows good instincts in coverage and is also a sound run-defender who tackles well. Unfortunately for Ravens fans, a high-ankle sprain has slowed Reed (he's missed six games), and Demps sustained a season-ending knee injury three weeks ago.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43