Despite declining skills, 'Freak' fills void for Titans
Bringing Jevon Kearse back to Tennessee was a great move. If he stays healthy, the Titans' pass rush will be terrifying.
Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz is an aggressive playcaller who relies heavily on pressure schemes that create individual matchups his playmakers can exploit. Tennessee finished fifth in the NFL last season in total defense, but it ranked 24th in third-down defense. Adding a veteran like Kearse will help improve the Titans' defense on third down. Kearse should face a lot of single coverage because the Titans' defensive line is loaded with RDT Albert Haynesworth and RDE Kyle Vanden Bosch. Haynesworth is one of the most dominating interior players in the NFL, while Vanden Bosch has a rare motor and can be relentless as a pass-rusher off the edge.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers tops Watt, collects 2nd MVP award
- Seau, Bettis, Shields among 8 in HOF class
- Cardinals' Arians wins 2nd coach of year honor
- Watt 1st unanimous DPOY; Murray honored
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Tennessee Titans Warp Speed Navy Performance Hoodie