Vikings offense is close to elite
Why Brad Childress shouldn't bench Brett Favre
There are two angles one can use to look at the potential benching of Brett Favre. The most obvious is the idea that injuries have finally caught up with a player who has a legendary history of fighting through all manner of physical malady. No one would hold it against No. 4 for having to stay out of a game with a broken ankle.
The second, and more compelling, angle is the idea that Vikings head coach Brad Childress may be using the injury as an excuse to bench Favre for his poor on-field performance this year.
For KC's full argument about why the Vikings shouldn't bench Brett Favre, you need to be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks SS Chancellor wearing knee brace
- Super Bowl XLIX tickets most expensive ever
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 PREVIEW
HOT READ: LT AND LOMBARDI
MNF: Texans at Colts, 8:30 ET
NFL BLOG NETWORK
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Minnesota Vikings Greg Jennings #15