Even as a backup, Smith still hurting Steelers
Because of injuries and ineffectiveness, the Giants and Steelers have been forced to juggle their starting lineups at an inopportune time, writes KC Joyner.
Originally Published: January 2, 2008By KC Joyner | ESPN Insider
One of the most difficult obstacles for any playoff team to overcome is the late-season personnel change. Teams would rather not have to insert new players into their lineups once the stretch run has commenced, but circumstances have forced two playoff clubs, Pittsburgh and the New York Giants, to do just that.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey New York Giants Victor Cruz #80