Even as a backup, Smith still hurting Steelers
Because of injuries and ineffectiveness, the Giants and Steelers have been forced to juggle their starting lineups at an inopportune time, writes KC Joyner.
Originally Published: January 2, 2008By KC Joyner | ESPN Insider
One of the most difficult obstacles for any playoff team to overcome is the late-season personnel change. Teams would rather not have to insert new players into their lineups once the stretch run has commenced, but circumstances have forced two playoff clubs, Pittsburgh and the New York Giants, to do just that.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New York Giants Royal Clean-Up Adjustable Hat