Even as a backup, Smith still hurting Steelers
Because of injuries and ineffectiveness, the Giants and Steelers have been forced to juggle their starting lineups at an inopportune time, writes KC Joyner.
Originally Published: January 2, 2008By KC Joyner | ESPN Insider
One of the most difficult obstacles for any playoff team to overcome is the late-season personnel change. Teams would rather not have to insert new players into their lineups once the stretch run has commenced, but circumstances have forced two playoff clubs, Pittsburgh and the New York Giants, to do just that.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jerry backs Romo: We have to 'take risks'
- Sources: Flacco will not undergo MRI on knee
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- Official: Hit on Bengals punter was illegal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Pittsburgh Steelers White "Steelers Country" Giant 8' x 2' Banner