New York relying on ground forces
The Giants are leaning on a diverse group of backs to fill the void left by Tiki Barber, writes KC Joyner.
Not much is being said about New York's running game, which is odd, because the Giants have rushed for 516 yards the past three games. Admittedly, the Giants have faced some weak run defenses, including Atlanta's and the New York Jets', but 172 rushing yards per game is still impressive.
What is also impressive is how New York is gaining these yards. Take a look at the yards-per-attempt figures for each of the major run types over the past three games:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico NFL New York Giants Embossed Tri-Fold Wallet