Bills must help Losman
Buffalo must take advantage of J.P. Losman's strengths. Plus, notes on Ellis Hobbs and Mario Williams.
Tony (Rochester, N.Y.): Hey, KC, I've been wondering about J.P. Losman. What were his 2006 metrics like? What's your analysis of his play last year?
When he threw long passes, Losman was one of the most dominant quarterbacks in the league. His 21.2 YPA on bomb passes (passes thrown 30 or more yards downfield) was the fifth best in the NFL. His 52.0 percent success rate on deep passes (20-29 yards) was the seventh best in the league among quarterbacks with at least 20 deep pass attempts, so he was very efficient as well. Losman's deep and bomb pass numbers look even better when you consider he had only one bad decision on passes at those depth levels.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Kraft expects apology if NFL can't find culprit
- Report: NFL eyes Pats locker room attendant
- Browner's targeting plans sadden Seahawks
- Colts keep coveted Chudzinski with new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills Mario Williams #94