Unheralded Parker has high value
Using a criterion that highlights a wide variety of talents, KC Joyner ranks the most efficient wide receivers in the NFL.
In ranking wide receiver efficiency, I use the same three criteria I used for tight ends in last week's rankings. The first two are TYPCA (total yards per catchable attempt) and success percentage. The third metric is derived by multiplying TYPCA by the wide receiver's success percentage. This combination metric provides the best overall balance between production and efficiency and is the one I used to determine who was the most efficient wide receiver. There is a 40-catch minimum to qualify.
I'll detail the top five receivers in this category, starting from the No. 5 spot and counting up to No. 1.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Washington Redskins Santana Moss #89