WRs not getting fair shake
KC Joyner unveils a new metric that more accurately measures the overall impact of a pass receiver.
The first of these new metrics I want to introduce is Total Yards Per Catchable Attempt (TYPCA). I use the metric primarily for wide receivers and tight ends, although it can be used to measure any pass receiver.
TYPCA measures the total number of yards a receiver gains for his team each time a catchable pass is thrown his way. The two keys to computing TYPCA are measuring the total yards and determining whether a pass is catchable.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Houston Texans Foundation Navy Long Sleeve Shirt