WRs not getting fair shake
KC Joyner unveils a new metric that more accurately measures the overall impact of a pass receiver.
The first of these new metrics I want to introduce is Total Yards Per Catchable Attempt (TYPCA). I use the metric primarily for wide receivers and tight ends, although it can be used to measure any pass receiver.
TYPCA measures the total number of yards a receiver gains for his team each time a catchable pass is thrown his way. The two keys to computing TYPCA are measuring the total yards and determining whether a pass is catchable.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Houston Texans Arian Foster #23