WRs not getting fair shake
KC Joyner unveils a new metric that more accurately measures the overall impact of a pass receiver.
The first of these new metrics I want to introduce is Total Yards Per Catchable Attempt (TYPCA). I use the metric primarily for wide receivers and tight ends, although it can be used to measure any pass receiver.
TYPCA measures the total number of yards a receiver gains for his team each time a catchable pass is thrown his way. The two keys to computing TYPCA are measuring the total yards and determining whether a pass is catchable.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
- Source: Pace re-signs with Jets for 2 years
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Houston Texans J.J. Watt #99