McCown makes plenty of sense
While the Lions made a mistake by signing Jon Kitna, adding Josh McCown was a stroke of genius, writes KC Joyner.
I must have been about 8 years old at the time, so I couldn't have been expected to know that Landry was an aging veteran on the downside of his career. Matt Millen, on the other hand, is 48 years old and certainly shouldn't have been excited to pick up a player of Kitna's caliber.
Millen has made so many poor personnel moves over the past few years it seems almost unfair to point out another, but I simply cannot understand why the Lions would have any interest in Kitna.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Detroit Lions Sideline 39Thirty Blue Flex Fitted Hat