Tampa flourishing offensively
The Bucs have turned around their season completely by diversifying their offense, writes KC Joyner.
To make matters worse, backup QB Chris Simms, who was starting for the injured Brian Griese, had only generated 24 points in two starts, throwing four interceptions and only two touchdowns. RB Carnell "Cadillac" Williams gained only 49 yards on 24 carries in the two losses.
The Bucs have made quite a turnaround since then, posting four wins in five games, including a 20-10 victory over Carolina on Sunday that wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Tampa Bay is now in first place in the division and is a strong candidate to gain a first-round bye in the playoffs.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- Source: Johnson reports to Texans camp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Tampa Bay Buccaneers Laser Tag License Plate