Palmer must learn from mistakes
Carson Palmer has enjoyed an impressive first half, but he must improve his decision making down the stretch.
Although I've been impressed with Palmer thus far, I decided to break down the numbers to determine whether all the praise was fully justified. His metrics confirm that he has plenty of strong points, but they also show some glaring weaknesses that could cost the Bengals down the road.
Let's start by reviewing Palmer's metric measurements for the season by route depth (attempt numbers include plays affected by penalties):
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer #3