Martin firing deep, though without great success
Even without Mike Martz and three of their top offensive stars, the Rams are still going after teams vertically, KC Joyner points out.
Updated: November 17, 2005, 4:09 PM ETBy KC Joyner | ESPN Insider
Up until recently, when you thought of the St. Louis Rams you thought of Mike Martz using an almost recklessly aggressive play-calling scheme designed to maximize the talents of Marc Bulger, Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce. This group constituted the lifeblood of the Rams' offense. Yet over the past two games, the Rams have been without their services and have won both contests. Common wisdom suggests that St. Louis has been scaling back its vertical passing attack with these four being out, so I took a deeper look at the Rams' passing offense under head coach Joe Vitt and offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Cowboys' Lee plans return, hopes for health
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's St. Louis Rams Breast Cancer Awareness 9Forty Adjustable Hat