Bush and Peterson are improving every week
After watching the film, here are some things I noticed in Week 6, writes Gary Horton.
Originally Published: October 19, 2007By Gary Horton | Scouts Inc.
After spending the week in the Film Room, here are just a few of the things we saw heading into Week 7.
Tom Brady is in good handsNew England's offensive line did a great job of protecting Brady last week, often without help from the Patriot's backs or tight ends, but they were so aware in their blitz pickup that Brady rarely got hit although the Cowboys did sack him three times.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Gary Horton spent 10 years in the NFL as a scout and another 10 years at the college level as an assistant coach and recruiter. He is the founder and most seasoned member of the Scouts Inc. staff, and his extensive experience at all levels of football make him an excellent talent evaluator.
THE DUEL IN DALLAS
It's a battle of unbeatens ... and a potential preview of Super Bowl XLII. It's T.O. vs. Moss, Romo vs. Brady. It's 5-0 New England vs. 5-0 Dallas on Sunday at Texas Stadium (4:15 p.m. ET).
Commentary/features• Clayton's First and 10: Expect lots of offense
• Garber: Moss and T.O. are two of a kind
• Bendetson: Unsung Green gets job done for Pats
• Sando: Brady, Moss among scheme-busters | List
• Harasta: Sharing a moment with the Folk hero
• Joyner: Cowboys defense passing the test
• Wojciechowski: Mr. Belichick, meet Mr. Romo
• Helyar: Romo's marketability a 'perfect storm'
• Pasquarelli: Cowboy ugly win against Bills
• Tafoya: Is Romo the next Brett Favre?
• Power Rankings: Pats No. 1, Cowboys No. 3
• Great Debate: Will Pats go 16-0 this season?
• Hashmarks: Matt Mosley blogs on the big game
News• Cowboys' Phillips denies 'Spygate' comments
• T.O. goes silent until after the game
Video• Belichick, Phillips sound off
• Is T.O. nervous for the duel?
• Werder: T.O. lets sign speak for itself
• Nix: Brady, receivers keep improving
• Parcells: What Romo, Dallas will face
• Duel dialogue: Cowboys leaking oil?
• EA Sports Madden Challenge: Dallas
Audio• Parcells, Keyshawn, Mort on Romo, more • Green: Game preview
• Green: Debating which team is better
• Tirico: Jerry Jones on QB Tony Romo
• Mosley: Taking the temperature in Dallas
• Mortensen: Romo will improve with age
• Mosley: Bills wake-up call for Dallas
• Clayton: Timeout rule needs a change
Scouts Inc.• Horton's Film Room: Romo's misreads
• Pats will come hard after Romo
• Take 2: Pats-Cowboys scouting report
• Green: Cowboys should use more of Barber
• Pats vs. Cowboys: Tale of the Tape
• Green: The new Moss is same as old Moss
• How to slow down the playmakers
• Kretz: Newman gives Dallas options
• Patriots-Cowboys scouting report
• Kidd: Patriots key on Cowboys TE
• Maalouf: Dallas special teams will struggle
• Green: Romo can lead Dallas to Super Bowl
• Horton: Here's why the Patriots could go 16-0
Zoom Gallery• Scouts Inc. on under-the-radar players
Simulations• EA simulation: Patriots 41, Cowboys 10
• AccuScore: Moss makes major difference
SportsNation• Pats-'Boys: Who'll win? Who'll make the plays?
• Rank the Patriots and Cowboys
Community• Post a comment on Dallas' Tony Romo
• Join the conversation on Power Rankings
• Readers discuss Cowboys' win in Buffalo
Animated PlaysThe Cowboys could have their hands full with a defense that is the master of disguise. • Patriots' games on defense
NEW ENGLAND (5-0)• Game 1: Patriots 38, Jets 14
• Game 2: Patriots 38, Chargers 14
• Game 3: Patriots 38, Bills 7
• Game 4: Patriots 34, Bengals 14
• Game 5: Patriots 34, Browns 17
• Patriots clubhouse page
DALLAS (5-0)• Game 1: Cowboys 45, Giants 35
• Game 2: Cowboys 37, Dolphins 20
• Game 3: Cowboys 34, Bears 10
• Game 4: Cowboys 35, Rams 7
• Game 5: Cowboys 25, Bills 24
• Cowboys clubhouse page