Belichick, Brady keep Patriots among elite
As the regular season comes to a close, Gary Horton examines 14 intriguing teams and places them in one of four categories.
Originally Published: December 29, 2006By Gary Horton | Scouts Inc.
As we head into Week 17, there are only 12 teams that will continue to play in January, while 20 teams will pack up and start looking ahead to next year. Let's break down 14 intriguing teams that seem to fall into specific categories as we finish up the regular season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Gary Horton spent 10 years in the NFL as a scout and another 10 years at the college level as an assistant coach and recruiter. He is the founder and most seasoned member of the Scouts Inc. staff, and his extensive experience at all levels of football make him an excellent talent evaluator.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Atlanta Falcons Goal Line Softee Football