Team strong at DE, RB but lacks championship feel
Jeremy Green gives his critique of "The Best Team Money Can Buy" constructed by John Clayton.
Originally Published: July 12, 2006By Jeremy Green | Scouts Inc.
With the structure of the NFL's salary cap, it is impossible to build a football team that consists of superstar players at every position. There are no New York Yankees in the NFL game. And even if you could build that team, it would be interesting to see how all those egos would mesh on one 53-man roster. When my cohorts at ESPN.com told me that John Clayton was putting together an NFL "Dream Team," it really piqued my interest. Would he just take the best players that fit from a salary standpoint, or would he build his team with continuity and chemistry in mind?
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chargers FG caps 2nd-half rally over 49ers
- Eagles' playoff chances hurt as Redskins win
- Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D
- Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The Best Team Money Can Buy
• The Best Team Money Can Buy
• Clayton: Building a 53-man roster
• Clayton: Keeping the team together
• Green: Critiquing Clayton's roster
• SportsNation: Most important positions