Manning will miss James
The Colts were determined to keep WR Reggie Wayne, but they might have paid too steep a price, Jeremy Green writes.
Unfortunately, the Colts began to lose their way in the final three weeks, with losses to the Chargers and Seahawks, and were promptly eliminated in the divisional playoffs by the Steelers. Nevertheless, Indianapolis had an excellent football team and was expected to keep its roster intact.
However, the Colts made a critical mistake this offseason, triggering a chain of events that could make them extremely vulnerable. In opting to open up the vault for WR Reggie Wayne, the Colts lost star RB Edgerrin James and two key defensive players -- SLB David Thornton and DT Larry Tripplett.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- GM admits RG III played too early in 2013
- Seahawks sign NFLPA president, OT Winston
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- Giants set lofty 70 percent goal for Manning
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Jacksonville Jaguars 3-Piece Grill Tool Set