Manning will miss James
The Colts were determined to keep WR Reggie Wayne, but they might have paid too steep a price, Jeremy Green writes.
Unfortunately, the Colts began to lose their way in the final three weeks, with losses to the Chargers and Seahawks, and were promptly eliminated in the divisional playoffs by the Steelers. Nevertheless, Indianapolis had an excellent football team and was expected to keep its roster intact.
However, the Colts made a critical mistake this offseason, triggering a chain of events that could make them extremely vulnerable. In opting to open up the vault for WR Reggie Wayne, the Colts lost star RB Edgerrin James and two key defensive players -- SLB David Thornton and DT Larry Tripplett.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Vikes' Peterson questionable vs. Eagles
- Source: Late again, Mincey cut by Jaguars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Jacksonville Jaguars Teal Sideline 2013 Preseason Performance Polo