Top OT prospects for 2015
This year's class of edge protectors may produce multiple top-10 draft picks
Soon after the 2014 NFL draft concluded, I released my too-early Big Board for the 2015 NFL draft, a ranking that includes players who will be underclassmen during the 2014 college football season. It goes without saying that these rankings are preliminary, as I have hundreds of hours of evaluation ahead on the 2015 class.
A couple of important notes about the rankings below:
• This isn't a straight Top 10 list, because I've split these between seniors and underclassmen. I think it's important to rank seniors alone, as those are the only players I can guarantee will be a part of the 2015 NFL draft process.
• In some instances, I've included more than 10 players; if two or three guys are extremely close on my board, I simply tacked on the names.
With those parameters in mind, here's an early look at the top offensive tackle prospects for 2015.
Top five senior offensive tackles
1. Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M Aggies: Following the same path as recent No. 6 overall pick Jake Matthews, Ogbuehi spent his junior season at right tackle and will come back as a senior and play on the left side. The highly athletic tackle was No. 2 on my first 2015 Big Board.
To read Mel Kiper's full list of the top offensive tackle prospects for the 2015 NFL draft, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cowboys rally from 11 down to stop Giants
- Seahawks stifle Cardinals, stay in West race
- Brady, Pats keep rolling, stretch streak to 7
- Patriots RB Gray doesn't play after lateness