Top 10 NFL prospects by position
Mel Kiper's midseason ranking of top NFL prospects at every position
To go directly to a position group, click these links:
It's been six weeks since I ran a full update of my top 10 NFL prospects at all positions. For a look at where they stood prior to the start of the college football season, you can go here. This time, I'm going to put all the prospects together in one file so it's easier to navigate. A couple of important things to remember while reading:
• Not all prospects below are certain to be a part of the 2014 NFL draft. For instance, the top four quarterbacks below can all return to school in 2014.
• Prospects are listed under projected NFL positions. Example: You could see a player listed at outside linebacker who currently plays defensive end.
With those factors in mind, here are the updated rankings.
*Asterisk denotes junior
**Asterisk denotes third-year sophomore
1. *Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
A potential No. 1 overall pick. Has all the skills, only dinged by questions about a lack of competition so far in 2013.
2. **Marcus Mariota, Oregon
Physically gifted as an athlete, but patient as a progression passer, with a great arm. A clear challenger to Bridgewater.
3. **Brett Hundley, UCLA
Significant physical abilities and no questions about his arm. Shows plenty of toughness and is just scratching the surface.
4. **Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
Question his arm strength and occasionally his decision-making, but not his preternatural gifts as an instinctive playmaker.
5. Zach Mettenberger, LSU
To see the rest of Mel Kiper's top 10 prospects at every position, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens rally past Browns, earn playoff spot
- Chiefs hold on to spoil Chargers' playoff hopes
- Watt sets NFL record with 2nd 20-sack season
- Sources: UM optimistic at landing Harbaugh