Ranking the 2014 LB prospects
Linebacker cheat sheet: rankings, market trends, teams in need
While there are a few linebackers who could be drafted in the first round, more figure to come off the board in the second round, and there are several potential late-round prospects.
How does the board stack up? I've ranked the LBs below and grouped them based on their round grade, and I have included the average number of linebackers to go off the board in each round over the last five years. You'll also see the traits we study when evaluating the position and a list of teams that could be looking to take an inside or outside linebacker in the 2014 draft.
1. Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo (Grade: 96): He possesses excellent athleticism and is an impactful, versatile defender, as he can excel as a pass-rusher and also hold up in pass coverage and against the run.
2. C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama (Grade: 93): He has some durability concerns after being banged up a bit during his Alabama career, but he is a relentless and productive playmaker.
To read the full ranking of 2014 linebacker prospects, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says