Top 100 NFL draft prospects
A familiar face at No. 1, with some big-name QBs rounding out the list
MORE DRAFT CONTENT FROM MEL KIPER
As many who have ordered my draft guide over the past 35 years know, I go well past the Big Board when it comes to lining up prospects. That's why, when the draft is over, I'll still have best available options scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen.
I still have more work to do deeper in my rankings, but in the meantime, I wanted to share an initial top 100 as the draft approaches. I'll have another update of this list shortly before the draft.
A few quick notes:
• I've limited the analysis on each guy so it's a little easier to consume.
• An asterisk denotes a junior at the time of draft entry; two asterisks denote a redshirt sophomore.With that, here are the top 100 draft prospects:
1. *Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: Question his raw productivity stats, but the tape tells another story. Not a lock at No. 1, but I think he belongs there.
2. *Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson: The more I watch him, the more I see a special difference-maker on Sundays.
3. Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo: Still wouldn't shock me if he went No. 1. His athleticism and versatility limit questions about his competition level.
4. **Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn: The top tackle prospect in a class that isn't short on them. If he continues to improve, he could be really special.
5. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan: Long and athletic, he's also a good run-blocker.
To see the rest of Mel Kiper's top 100 draft prospects, plus to gain access to all of Insider's NFL draft content, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Bell, Blount set to face pot charges
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision