Gruden Camp: Teddy Bridgewater
Louisville QB must improve passing ability, but he has special qualities
Gruden's QB Camp: Teddy Bridgewater
ESPN NFL Insider Mike Sando went to Orlando, Fla., to watch Jon Gruden's QB Camp taping with Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater. Sando has written up Gruden's biggest takeaways from the interview and throwing sessions, in Gruden's voice.
1. This is a special kid with special qualities
Mental toughness is what I'm talking about. You saw that a lot of different ways. Coming out of a tough neighborhood in Miami, going through his mother's breast cancer ordeal, going to a basketball school and turning it into a football power, getting hurt, playing injured, getting crushed with a hit in the Sugar Bowl two seasons ago and not caring, playing through it. Those are special qualities of mental toughness.
To read Jon Gruden's full take on Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Foles, offense in form as Eagles top Steelers
- Steelers' Bell, Blount apologize for 'distraction'
- Eagles RB McCoy: Thumb 'definitely hurts'
- RG III tweets to naysayers: Keep doubting