Johnny Manziel's draft stock
If Texas A&M star declares, how high can he climb on draft day?
- Mark J. Rebilas/USA TODAY SportsJohnny Manziel will have work to do during the evaluation process.
While we're still awaiting an official declaration from Johnny Manziel on whether he plans to enter the 2014 NFL draft, he's certainly hinted at which way he's leaning. On Thursday, Manziel told reporters, "In my mind, I think I am [ready]." I think the NFL is ready to welcome him, especially given the number of teams that currently need an upgrade at quarterback.
So given where Manziel is in the decision-making process -- not declared but indicating there's a good chance he'll make the jump -- let's look at current strengths and weaknesses and where he could be selected in the draft in May.
To see where Johnny Manziel currently stands as an NFL prospect, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Pack ink Shields to 4-year, $39M deal
- Jags, ex-Seahawk Bryant reach 4-year deal
- Cowboys' Romo says he's on pace for OTAs
- Sources: Mendenhall, 26, retiring from NFL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
Todd McShay's new mock has the Texans taking a QB at No. 1, but it's not Johnny Manziel.