2013 Lions NFL draft guide
Examining Detroit's draft history and potential picks this year
- Thearon W. Henderson/Getty ImagesRiley Reiff will help replace Jeff Backus, but more help is needed along Detroit's offensive line.
Insider's NFL and draft experts have teamed up to give a full breakdown of all that should be considered for each team as it enters the 2013 NFL draft. Here we look at the Detroit Lions.
OT, DE, WR, LB
Major need: Offensive tackle gets the nod here slightly over defensive end since the Lions lost both of their starting tackles this offseason. But they did plan for this by using last year's first-round pick on Riley Reiff (though there is little in cupboard other than Reiff).
Quiet need: Stephen Tulloch is a very solid all-around middle linebacker and DeAndre Levy also should be adequate flanking him. But outside of these two, the Lions have little on the second level of their defense. It was the secondary that got a lot of much-deserved ridicule last year, but it's help at linebacker that is really needed.
To see the rest of the Detroit Lions' 2013 draft profile, plus to get access to all of Insider's NFL draft content, become an Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Browns, Raiders inquire on Revis
- Sources: Johnson to Bucs on massive deal
- Source: Edelman set to become free agent
- Source: Ware wants Cowboys' call by 4 ET
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Antigua Men's Detroit Lions Point Polo