Breaking down the 2012 DL class
Plenty of tackles and ends in the early-round mix as the NFL combine begins
Originally Published: February 23, 2012By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
- When evaluating defensive linemen, it's important to examine all aspects of their game, including ability to rush the passer and defend the run and their instincts, motor, toughness and quickness. Here's how we rank the top defensive ends and defensive tackles in various position-specific areas heading into the 2012 NFL combine (non-seniors noted with an asterisk). There is also a look at all linemen with a draftable grade, recent timing and measurement averages for linemen at the NFL combine, as well as Round 1 and 2 picks in 2011 and recent market trends along the defensive line.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Judge says Sharper can't be held indefinitely
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- Saints release veteran receiver Moore
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com