First look at WR for 2011 NFL draft
Updated: August 20, 2010, 2:22 PM ETBy Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
- When evaluating wide receivers, it is important to consider all aspects of their games -- separation skills, ball skills, big-play ability and competitiveness/toughness. As we finalize our initial 2011 draft board, here's how we rank the top wide receivers by skill set. (Draft-eligible underclassmen are denoted with an asterisk.)Separation skills[+] EnlargeDale Zanine/US PresswireGeorgia's A.J. Green has all the skills to be a great NFL wide receiver.
The challenge when evaluating a receiver's separation skills is sifting through potentially deceptive variables like his supporting cast, the offensive system he plays in, the types of defensive coverage and the level of competition he faces. While there's no exact formula, some of the key ingredients include recognition skills, initial burst, change-of-direction skills and competitiveness.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
- Peterson lobbies for Vikings to sign QB Vick
- Bears say thanks, tell Hester he won't return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The 2011 NFL Draft
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com