Playmaker score: Dez and Dezmon rise
Impact receivers could come from the Big 12 again
In our book "Football Outsiders Almanac 2009," we introduced a statistic called playmaker score, which is designed to predict NFL success of collegiate wide receivers. It proved highly accurate in forecasting the debut seasons of last year's crop of rookie wideouts. And this year?
If your team needs a wide receiver -- think Dolphins, Raiders, Jags, etc. -- you definitely want to keep reading this article, because if your team goes and grabs a guy later, here's a metric -- a-ha! -- that will help you correlate his possible level of pro success. For access, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL Draft
Who will rise to the top of the 2010 NFL draft? Insider follows the top players all season long.
Todd McShay and Scouts Inc.
- Nike Oklahoma State Cowboys Replica Football