Schofield on the move
The switch from DE to LB hasn't been easy, but the Wisconsin star is making it work
- ORLANDO, Fla. -- Thursday's practice was a little less contact and players were in just shorts, shoulder pads and helmets as the teams prepare for Saturday's East-West Shrine Game (ESPN2, 3 p.m. ET). Here's a quick look at players who had good days, and players who had bad days. And remember, this is just one day out of the whole week, so one day does not make or break a prospect.
East Team: Good DaysLB O'Brien Schofield, Wisconsin[+] EnlargeCourtesy Tim CaseyIt's taken a few days, but O'Brien Schofield is getting more and more comfortable at LB.
We've talked all week about Schofield's transition from end to linebacker here and it looks like he's getting more and more comfortable in the new position. He's reacting and just playing now instead of needing that split second to think about what he's supposed to be doing. He has good, quick feet. Maybe the quickest feet on anyone here and that will help him. Give him lots of credit for hanging in there in what had to be a frustrating week at times and for getting better and better as the week went on. Coaches have to be looking at this and thinking they saw the worst part of his game but he continued to work and get better and better and ultimately he has a chance to be the best linebacker from this group.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Saints to cut veteran receiver Moore
- Report: Suh picks Sexton as his new agent
- Jaguars, QB Henne agree to 2-year contract
- Spikes: 'Fresh start' best for both me, Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 East-West Shrine Game
Top prospects hope to impress scouts during East-West Shrine week and in Saturday's game (ESPN2, 3 p.m. ET).
Shrine Game Week
- Nike Men's Rutgers Scarlet Knights Coaches Performance Scarlet Polo