Colt McCoy's ultimate litmus test
As the Texas QB's legend grew, his NFL stock dropped. The final test awaits.
- Getty ImagesFor McCoy, proving he can still shine against the best is vital this week.
It says a lot about Colt McCoy that in a year in which he's thrown for 27 touchdowns -- against just 12 INTs -- and maintained a completion percentage of (once again) over 70 percent, his stock has actually gone down.
College will, of course, soon be over; in many ways, McCoy may wish it was finished months ago, at least in the eyes of NFL scouts. McCoy has one crucial test left in Pasadena, and I truly believe that based on his performance against the Alabama Crimson Tide, McCoy could shift his stock anywhere from the late first round to well into the third. Really.
For more on how Colt McCoy's stock faces the ultimate test, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Judge says Sharper can't be held indefinitely
- Source: Vikings to re-sign Cassel for 2 years
- Saints release veteran receiver Moore
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL Draft
Who will rise to the top of the 2010 NFL draft? Insider follows the top players all season long.
Todd McShay and Scouts Inc.