Athleticism has WR Decker on the rise
Texas LB Muckelroy and WR Shipley stepping out of the shadows
1. Minnesota WR Eric Decker -- Decker is an underrated athlete who is also a smooth-hitting center fielder on the Golden Gophers' baseball team. On the football field he's a competitive, physical receiver with deceptive speed and excellent body control for his size. Scouts are also buzzing about his underrated ability to climb the ladder and high-point the ball. Don't be surprised if Decker works his way into the late first round.
2. Texas LB Roderick Muckelroy -- Pick apart Muckelroy's lack of ideal size and top-end speed all you want. People said the same things about DeMeco Ryans (Houston Texans) coming out of Alabama. Much like Ryans, Muckelroy has the outstanding instincts and toughness to overcome his lack of ideal physical tools in the NFL. Muckelroy is also the most consistent performer on a Texas defense loaded with NFL talent, including heavily hyped DE Sergio Kindle. Muckelroy could slip out of the first two rounds if he doesn't perform well during workouts, but he's the type of player who will make teams regret passing on him.For a look at the rest of the top five, this weekend's matchup between Taylor Mays and Jimmy Clausen, a small-school prospect to watch and Scouts Inc.'s updated top 32, become an ESPN Insider.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination