2010 QB class loaded with talent
Originally Published: August 28, 2009By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
Most think of the 2010 quarterback class as a three-headed monster of Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow and Colt McCoy, but fourth-year junior Jevan Snead has entered the discussion and is now as much of a top prospect as the other three. Here's a look at the five categories Scouts Inc. uses to evaluate quarterback prospects for the NFL and which player ranks at the top of each category: Mental capacity: McCoy -- McCoy is a gamer with an excellent football IQ. He plays with rare poise and has an uncanny knack for delivering in key situations. In addition to performing well under pressure late in games, McCoy is the most effective of the bunch on third-down conversions, which is the most underrated aspect of the quarterback evaluation process.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Belichick says Patriots 'followed every rule'
- NFL conducts 40 interviews into 'Deflategate'
- Revis: Brady clears air in Patriots' meeting
- NFLPA: Players shouldn't talk 'Deflategate'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 NFL Draft Cheat Sheets
Sooners QB Sam Bradford tops our early rankings heading into the 2010 NFL Draft, but there is plenty of time for others to stake their claim to the No. 1 spot.
Draft Tracker | Index
Position-by-positon cheat sheets
• QB: Snead turning big three into big four
• RB: RB talent 'spills' over to underclassmen
• WR: Premier WR talent hard to come by
• TE: Graham, McCoy not far from Gresham
• OL: Okung, Williams highlight 2010 OL class
• DL: McCoy, Suh lead strong group
• LB: Spikes and Longhorns duo lead LB class
• DB: No surprises here: Mays is No. 1 DB