Scouting USC LB Rey Maualuga
Follow the Senior Bowl progress of Cal Poly WR Ramses Bardenas Scouts Inc. offers a constantly updated scouting report.
Editor's note: Practice notes are updated daily and a final report will be completed on Friday.
There is no question that the 260-pound Rey Maualuga has the size, burst, athletic ability and attitude NFL teams covet at middle linebacker, but there are concerns about his discipline.He's shown a tendency to overrun running backs and bite on play action so it's important the he read his keys, fill the correct gaps and take sound pursuit angles this week.
Note: Grades are done on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the best.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
- Peterson lobbies for Vikings to sign QB Vick
- Bears say thanks, tell Hester he won't return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 SENIOR BOWLThe top college seniors gather every January in Mobile, Ala., to prove themselves in front of NFL scouts, coaches and teams at the Senior Bowl. Follow their progress as ESPN.com provides complete coverage of the road to the 2009 NFL draft.
• Offensive position rankings
• Senior Bowl stock report
• Day 4 practice buzz
• Day 3 South buzz
• Day 3 North buzz
• Day 2 South buzz
• Day 2 North buzz
• Day 1 practice buzz
• Weigh-In buzz
• Storylines from 2009 Senior Bowl
• Cal Poly WR Ramses Barden
• Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell
• USC LB Rey Maualuga
• Ole Miss OT Michael Oher
• West Virginia QB/WR Pat White
• North Team
• South Team
Complete 2009 NFL draft coverage
- Rawlings USC Trojans Junior-Sized Tailgater Football