Scouting USC LB Rey Maualuga
Follow the Senior Bowl progress of Cal Poly WR Ramses Bardenas Scouts Inc. offers a constantly updated scouting report.
Editor's note: Practice notes are updated daily and a final report will be completed on Friday.
There is no question that the 260-pound Rey Maualuga has the size, burst, athletic ability and attitude NFL teams covet at middle linebacker, but there are concerns about his discipline.He's shown a tendency to overrun running backs and bite on play action so it's important the he read his keys, fill the correct gaps and take sound pursuit angles this week.
Note: Grades are done on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the best.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions boost playoff hopes with rout of Bears
- Mettenberger checks himself into 'selfie rehab'
- RG III calls benching a 'coach's decision'
- Megatron fastest to 10,000 receiving yards
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 SENIOR BOWL
• Offensive position rankings
• Senior Bowl stock report
• Day 4 practice buzz
• Day 3 South buzz
• Day 3 North buzz
• Day 2 South buzz
• Day 2 North buzz
• Day 1 practice buzz
• Weigh-In buzz
• Storylines from 2009 Senior Bowl
• Cal Poly WR Ramses Barden
• Texas Tech QB Graham Harrell
• USC LB Rey Maualuga
• Ole Miss OT Michael Oher
• West Virginia QB/WR Pat White
• North Team
• South Team
Complete 2009 NFL draft coverage