Daniel struggles, while Hoyer surprises
Scouts Inc. has a final look at the East-West Shrine game, including the players who struggled and those who surprised.
Originally Published: January 18, 2009By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
- HOUSTON -- Here's a look at the players who stuggles and some who surprised during East-West Shrine game week.
Failed to impress1. Missouri QB Chase Daniel
Daniel didn't have a great week of practice. The undersized quarterback clearly had some problems scanning the field from within the pocket and didn't put great velocity on his downfield passes. However, we felt that Daniel, who is a fierce competitor, would perform better in the game. Instead he completed just 2 of 9 passes for one yard and struggled to locate the strike zone. Making matters worse for Daniel, Michigan State QB Brian Hoyer, who replaced him late in the first quarter, shined in comparison.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Sources: Panthers attempt to deal WR Smith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com