USC S Ellison, Georgia Tech CB Word-Daniels must overcome injury
Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench breaks down the top players to watch and those with the most to prove at the East-West Shrine Game.
Updated: January 13, 2009, 10:32 AM ETBy Steve Muench | Scouts Inc.
You've been given a primer on the players to watch and those with something to prove, and now here's the rest of the lists: Top five to watch
3. USC S Kevin Ellison -- A knee injury cost Ellison the final five games of the season and teams will want to see how far along he is in the recovery process. When healthy he is a big hitter who fills hard when he reads run and punishes receivers over the middle. Though he lacks ideal top-end speed he changes directions well for his size and he showed underrated man-to-man cover skills before the injury. 4. Oregon OT Fenuki Tupou -- The 332-pound Tupou doesn't have prototypical initial quickness for a left tackle and he's going to have some problems preventing premiere NFL edge rushers from turning the corner. On the other hand, he has the size, athletic ability and strength to develop into a starting right tackle at the next level.
Tom Hauck/Getty ImagesHas a knee injury affected Kevin Ellison's ability to deliver big hits over the middle?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults second-hand smoke
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
- GM admits RG III played too early in 2013
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel