Moreno shows impressive patience; Painter lacks touch
In his weekly matchup report, Scouts Inc.'s Steve Muench says Georgia RB Knowshon Moreno displayed patience against Mississippi State, while Purdue QB Curtis Painter struggled to find a passing touch against Oregon.
Originally Published: September 16, 2008By Steve Muench | Scouts Inc.
- Hitting or missing on a draft pick can be the difference between making the playoffs and playing golf in January for NFL teams, so it should come as no surprise that scouts leave no stone unturned when evaluating players' skill sets. It's a grueling process that involves seemingly endless film sessions, but there are games that can make scouts sit up and pay particular attention. These are the games that feature a prospect lining up against one of the best units or players in the nation and/or playing in a game with substantial implications for his team. Here are five such matchups that caught my eye over the weekend and what I took from each performance:
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Retiring Mendenhall: Tired of life in NFL
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia
- Cromartie released by Jets, tweets thanks
- Source: Vikings sign Griffen to $42.5M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com