Kiper's Top 5 by position
With six weeks to go, here's the latest intelligence on the biggest names
*Asterisk denotes underclassman
1. *Matthew Stafford, Georgia
2. *Mark Sanchez, USC
3. *Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4. Pat White, West Virginia
5. *Nate Davis, Ball State Stafford is worthy of being the No. 1 pick in the draft, while Sanchez is definitely one of the top five to eight players available. If he slides to the 10th spot or later, he'll qualify as a major steal. Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft.
1. *Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
2. *Chris "Beanie" Wells, Ohio State
3. *Donald Brown, Connecticut
4. *LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
5. *Shonn Greene, Iowa
No one in this group comes remotely close to the talent and depth we had at this spot last year. I expect only two running backs, Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells and Georgia's Knowshon Moreno, to go off the board in the first round. They probably won't be selected until the mid-to-late portion of that round.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Pats fear Gronkowski has torn ACL
- Peterson rips Ravens fans, refs following loss
- Pats beat Browns with TD after onside kick
- Flacco, Ravens stun Vikings with wild finish
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NFL Draft