Kiper's Top 5 by position
With the combine behind us, here's the latest intelligence on the biggest names
*Asterisk denotes underclassman
1. *Matthew Stafford, Georgia
2. *Mark Sanchez, USC
3. *Josh Freeman, Kansas State
4. *Nate Davis, Ball State
5. Pat White, West Virginia
Stafford is worthy of being the No. 1 pick in the draft, while Sanchez is definitely one of the top five to eight players available. If he slides to the 10th spot or later, he'll qualify as a major steal. Had he returned to USC for his final season of collegiate eligibility, Sanchez more than likely would have been the top pick in the 2010 draft.
1. *Chris "Beanie" Wells, Ohio State
2. *Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
3. *LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
4. *Donald Brown, Connecticut
5. *Shonn Greene, Iowa
No one in this group comes remotely close to the talent and depth we had at this spot last year. I expect only two running backs, Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells and Georgia's Knowshon Moreno, to go off the board in the first round. They probably won't be selected until the mid-to-late portion of that round.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mettenberger checks himself into 'selfie rehab'
- RG III calls benching a 'coach's decision'
- Megatron fastest to 10,000 receiving yards
- Texans' Clowney has 'a lot of pain' in knee