ESPN.com evaluation: QB Chris Leak
Updated: January 26, 2007, 3:07 PM ETScouts Inc.
- Editor's note: Practice notes will be updated daily and a final report will be completed on Friday, Jan. 26. Chris Leak was one of the most touted high school recruits in the college football history, so fans expected him to lead Florida to national championship. Though it took longer than expected, he didn't disappoint. Leak led the Gators to a win over Ohio State in the BCS National Championship Game, outshining Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith in the process. However, his lack of height should limit him at the NFL level, and he doesn't have elite arm strength. Leak isn't going to get bigger or stronger this week, so don't expect to see him rocketing up draft boards if he plays well. However, he has an opportunity to show NFL coaches and scouts that he can develop into an excellent backup.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
- Report: Sharper admitted sex not consensual
- Peterson lobbies for Vikings to sign QB Vick
- Bears say thanks, tell Hester he won't return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com