College players still a work in progress
Updated: March 27, 2007, 6:29 PM ETBy Steve Muench | Scouts Inc.
- When NFL scouts talk about the evaluation process, the emphasis really should be on the word "process." College players are still works in progress, and their skills, athletic ability and football knowledge are constantly evolving. What scouts think of a player as he enters his final collegiate season often is far different from what they think of him as the process winds down and the draft approaches. Sometimes that's for the better, and sometimes not so much.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Pack ink Shields to 4-year, $39M deal
- Reece: Raiders must be 'fearless' in offseason
- Jags, ex-Seahawk Bryant reach 4-year deal
- Cowboys' Romo says he's on pace for OTAs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com