Raiders, Lions face tough decisions
How the Raiders go about addressing their QB situation will affect the strategies of many teams high in the draft order, writes Todd McShay.
Originally Published: April 5, 2007By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
- There is increasing speculation around the league that the Raiders are still torn between selecting LSU QB JaMarcus Russell and Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft. There is a sense around Raiders camp that owner Al Davis is leaning slightly toward Johnson but knows he needs to solidify the quarterback spot before he can pass on Russell.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Sources: Panthers attempt to deal WR Smith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com