Moss continues DL pipeline
Prospects such as Chris Leak and Reggie Nelson helped themselves at Florida's pro day. Plus, notes from Notre Dame and Miami.
- GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The BCS national champions had more prospects invited to the 2007 NFL scouting combine (13) than any other program. It is no wonder why Florida's pro day on Wednesday drew such a massive crowd, including 60-plus credentialed media members and at least one representative from all 32 NFL teams.
Among the notables in attendance were Falcons GM Rich McKay, and Jaguars GM James "Shaq" Harris and head coach Jack Del Rio. Also in town was Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, who has become especially fond of coach Urban Meyer and his program over the past two years. Belichick was not present at Wednesday's open-to-the-public session, as he has private workouts and interviews planned with many of the Gators' top prospects during his stay in Gainesville.
DS Reggie Nelson quickly became the biggest story on Wednesday. After running disappointing 40-yard dash times at the combine, Nelson silenced critics when he posted a time of 4.35 seconds -- on grass -- in his first and only attempt.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Retiring Mendenhall: Tired of life in NFL
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia
- Cromartie released by Jets, tweets thanks
- Source: Vikings sign Griffen to $42.5M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM