Russell appeals to Raiders' style, needs
In his initial mock draft, Todd McShay has the Raiders taking JaMarcus Russell, not Brady Quinn, with the No. 1 pick.
- Much will change in the coming months, as underclassmen officially declare and players take part in postseason all-star games, individual workouts and the scouting combine, but here is our initial first-round mock for the 2007 NFL draft:
x -- Still to be determined by coin flip
y -- Still to be determined by playoffs
+ -- Underclassman1. Oakland Raiders (2-14)
Projected pick: +JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
Russell vs. Brady Quinn? Let the great debate begin. Most teams have Quinn ahead of Russell, but Raiders owner Al Davis could fall in love with Russell's size and deep arm.
Projected pick: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
The Lions will be stoked if Quinn falls to them at No. 2. Wouldn't it be great, though, if Matt Millen takes another wide receiver (Calvin Johnson) with this pick?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia
- Cromartie released by Jets, tweets thanks
- Source: Vikings sign Griffen to $42.5M deal
- Free agent WR Nicks: I can be 'missing link'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM