Utah's Weddle debuts on Big Board
Not a lot of changes this week on Mel Kiper's Top 25 Big Board; however, one newcomer is Utah defensive back Eric Weddle, who is one of the more intelligent and versatile players in this year's draft.
- Top 25 Big Board
1. Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same2. Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin (6-6½, 313) | previous: Same
He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.
Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan. 3. Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same
The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability. 4. JaMarcus Russell*, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: Same
Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Sources: Panthers attempt to deal WR Smith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM