Utah's Weddle debuts on Big Board
Not a lot of changes this week on Mel Kiper's Top 25 Big Board; however, one newcomer is Utah defensive back Eric Weddle, who is one of the more intelligent and versatile players in this year's draft.
1. Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech (6-4, 225) | previous: Same
He's not only a tremendous athlete, but he's a hard worker and very team oriented. Based on the needs of the Raiders and Lions, Johnson might not be the No. 1 overall pick, but he won't fall out of the top five.
Huge, quick and athletic with a long wingspan. 3. Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma (6-1½, 218) | previous: Same
The most talented running back in the draft with an excellent burst to the outside for his size. The concern with Peterson is his durability. 4. JaMarcus Russell*, QB, LSU (6-6, 260) | previous: Same
Big, strong signal caller with a powerful arm, and his decision-making improved significantly in 2006.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response