Combine should pay off big for Miami's Greg Olsen
If the Chicago Bears want a tight end in the first round, they may have to move up if they want Miami's Greg Olsen. An impressive NFL combine performance could make Olsen a Top 20 pick in April's draft.
- Miami tight end Greg Olsen appears to have made himself a lot of money after his NFL combine workouts.
In my initial first-round projection, I had the 6-foot-5-inch junior going to the Chicago Bears with the 31st pick. Now, however, Olsen should go somewhere in the middle of the first round because he's fast (4.54 40-yard dash), sure-handed and very athletic. He has similar characteristics that tight end Todd Heap had when he came out of Arizona State and was the last pick in the first round of the 2001 draft.
My next first-round projection is scheduled for March 8, once teams have had a chance to address needs in free agency.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Sources: Panthers attempt to deal WR Smith
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM