Jets favor Leinart over Ferguson
The Jets want QB Matt Leinart, but don't expect them to trade up from No. 4, writes Todd McShay.
Updated: April 26, 2006, 5:35 PM ETBy Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.
According to a source, the Jets are far more interested in USC quarterback Matt Leinart than they are leading people to believe. They have attempted to play it cool recently, but the organization came to a near consensus that Leinart is the top quarterback prospect after working out all three of the top prospects (Leinart plus Texas' Vince Young and Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler) during a six-day span more than a week ago.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
- 'Beast Mode' pop-up store doing brisk sales
- Gordon fires at critics in letter: I'm no addict
- Player: Seahawks miffed over HGH tests
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2006 draft coverage
- Nike Women's New York Jets Upkilter Green Mid-v T-shirt