Bush remains Texans' preferred choice
Even though the Texans are talking with Mario Williams, they still plan to take Reggie Bush No. 1 overall, writes Todd McShay.
If Bush is not the first overall player selected in Saturday's draft, it will have everything to do with a failed negotiation between his agent, Joel Segal, and the Texans' front office. After all, what does Texans general manager Charley Casserly care if Bush and his family were living rent-free for the past 12 months?
The Texans continue to play leverage games by keeping contract talks open with NC State defensive end Mario Williams, but Bush is the player the Texans have targeted and continue to target with the top choice. According to what we're hearing, Bush could have a deal done with the Texans by Friday afternoon.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2006 draft coverage
- Fathead Larry Fitzgerald "In Your Face" Super Bowl Wall Graphic