Inside Day 2 of the NFL draft
• With Brian Dawkins turning 32 this year, the Eagles need to start grooming a possible replacement, and they got great value for a fourth-round pick. Sean Considine doesn't have great speed, but he makes up for it by reading plays quickly, and he always seems to be around the ball. In addition, he is a high-motor player and a reliable open-field tackler, so he should make an immediate impact on special teams.
• A disappointing second half of his senior season and his unsound mechanics may be the two biggest reasons QB Kyle Orton slipped to Day 2. However, Orton has good arm strength, puts excellent touch on his passes and really improved his decision-making skills at the collegiate level. He also is used to playing in cold weather. Chicago did an excellent job picking him up in the fourth round considering Rex Grossman is coming off a season-ending knee injury and the team's lack of QB depth is an issue.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chargers FG caps 2nd-half rally over 49ers
- Eagles' playoff chances hurt as Redskins win
- Big-play Jackson questions 'naive' Eagles D
- Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015