Falcons not done addressing D
General manager Rich McKay has spent the majority of his time and money on upgrading the Falcons' defense since he took over in 2003.
It started with the hiring of head coach Jim Mora, who was the 49ers' defensive coordinator. It showed during last year's draft, where four of the team's first six picks were used on defensive players, including the top pick, DC DeAngelo Hall, and it has continued through the last two years of free agency with the additions of starters such as ILB Ed Hartwell and DC Jason Webster.
However, despite favoritism over the last two years, the Falcons are expected to spend the majority of their 2005 draft picks on the defensive side of the ball.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan Framed Photo