Franchise has a pair of 'options' to consider
The Texans must decide at season's end whether to exercise a buy-back clause on David Carr or let him become an unrestricted free agent.
Updated: October 14, 2005, 1:23 PM ETBy Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
Decision time is looming for teams with young, high-priced quarterbacks who have underachieved during their careers. For the Houston Texans, in fact, decision time on David Carr, the top overall player chosen in 2002 but a quarterback who seems to have regressed over the last two seasons, is only about two months away.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults second-hand smoke
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
- GM admits RG III played too early in 2013
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Toddler Houston Texans Red Crayon T-Shirt