Bennett to Arizona would make sense
It doesn't look like it's going to happen right now, but the Michael Bennett-to-Arizona trade rumors make some sense.
Indeed, officials from the two clubs spoke this week, in very, very preliminary terms, about a potential Bennett deal. And it certainly makes sense for a number of reasons: The former first-round pick (2001) hasn't played very well and didn't exactly endear himself to coach Mike Tice with two fumbles last week. There are some Minnesota staffers who would prefer to go with younger tailbacks such as Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and even Joe Echemandu. And Cardinals coach Dennis Green is the guy who originally drafted the speedy Bennett.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Vikes give Rudolph 5-year extension
- Hardy 'hates' being distraction for Panthers
- Cobb: Haven't done enough for new deal
- Jets' Milliner says he is NFL's best cornerback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Minnesota Vikings 2014 Training Camp 39Thirty Purple Flex Fit Hat