Time is now for Big Ten's Best Four
The stars are aligning for Iowa, Penn State, Ohio State and Wisconsin in 2010
Ever since the Ohio State Buckeyes posted back-to-back BCS Championship Game losses at the end of the 2006 and 2007 seasons, a cloud of uncertainty has hung over the Big Ten.
Fair or not, those letdowns completely colored the perception of the entire conference -- overrated, slow, uninspiring, etc. It's an image problem with only one real solution: win and win big.
Might this be the year the Big Ten's upper crust asserts itself and recovers its national respect?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Brian FremeauESPN Insider
• Creator of the Fremeau Efficiency Index (FEI), a measure of college football team efficiency
• Contributor to Football Outsiders and his own site, bcftoys.com
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Winston's future call wouldn't surprise Fisher
- Vick: Florida St.'s Winston 'future of the NFL'
- NFL or Michigan? Harbaugh said to be torn
- Gators QB Harris cited for driving without license
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010 SEASON PREVIEW